Friday, June 15, 2012

I Blame The Holy Rollers

Through out my life I was taught that God is the creator of all things and lives up in the skies, in a kingdom called Heaven. When I hit middle school the ugly truth about life became clear in my eyes and I stopped believing. Life untangled itself and it wasn't very pretty for me.

Recently I have found the Lord in my own personal experience and He revealed Himself to me. Now out of respect my "religion" isn't often discussed with most people and I like to keep my beliefs to myself. But I have noticed in our society now why so many people have so much to say about believers in Christ. It's the holy rollers. The bible teaches us about love and kindness, we are to love our neighbors and we are NOT to ever judge. It has come to my attention that there are many people in the United States who claim to believe in God, they go to church, and they read the bible like tradition. These people are also the ones who judge those who are different, those who may have tattoos, piercings, or live different life styles than themselves(etc). Well I am a person, in which I am now a Born-Again Christian since my baptism on May 27th on '12. I will never look twice at someone who isn't like me. "He who without sin, cast the first stone."

Christianity means to be Christ-like. Now in the bible we learn that Jesus Christ loved everyone, and never did He turn His back on people, including a prostitute, and a murderer. He in fact forgave a murderer on the cross while He was dying, He then took him to Heaven with Him. This should say something. So many people who call themselves Christian will judge the very moment because someone is a drug addict, because someone doesn't believe the same beliefs as them, because someone's personal image is out of the ordinary. Aren't we just supposed to pray for those people? The homosexuals are judged I think more than anything, but God DOES love everyone. I think what most people don't realize is that being gay or lesbian is not a choice, it is something that can't be controlled. We can NOT control who we fall in love with with. In fact, most gay men I have spoken with, and my gay friends, say that they wish they could live the heterosexual life style because of how much people look down on them and how hard it is. They are no different from any one else, they just are attracted to the same gender. That's like saying it is wrong for a Caucasian person to love an African American. Who are we to judge, because no one is perfect. We never know what someone's walk of life is, or where they have come from. Now as a believer, I don't think that one religion was the right religion. This seems to throw many people off, but I am not ashamed to discuss this topic. There are many religions out there, so many of them and so many have different practices and different beliefs. Why should there be one that is right? If everything is energy, and energy is moving constantly, our thoughts project energy and like attracts like. In my heart I think that what ever you believe, whether you are Agnostic, Buddhist, Jewish, Muslim, etc, that is the right religion for you. What you believe is what you determine for yourself in life, and after life. I don't think anyone should tell you different from what you believe. I pray for this generation to be restored, and for true believers and even non believers, to rise up and outshine for the people who have given Christians such a bad name. Because looking from the outside in, how so many people act now days, I can understand why so many people criticize Christians. I apologize if this was offensive to anyone because it was not intended at all, I am a person of love, kindness and respect and I keep a very open mind.
In the end I think we all should believe in something. Even if it's just believing in yourself. Stand by your beliefs and never let anyone try to change it.
:]

No comments:

Post a Comment