Wednesday, May 6, 2015

My Last & Final Post.

It was never easy. It took bitter screams, agonizing cries, but I eventually got there. I finally made it. I finally let Him have me all to Himself.
For many years He was reaching out, pursuing me, He was relentless. But I could never seem to unshackle myself from the bondage and chains. I went through it, I lived solely for myself and could never satisfy my thirst and hunger. My stomach was bottomless and I consumed anything I could to curve my ferocious appetite. I thought I was a free bird, but little did I know my wings were never spread. Empty, aimless, and searching for what I was blind to the entire time. I was helpless, like a lamb amongst a hungry pact of wolves.
There, it was my first love, He was there in the beginning, subtle whispers, gentle reminders. I surrendered. I SURRENDER.
There, I was swept up, every chain, every shackle was broken and crushed. My love set me free. My love opened my wings and breathed life back into me. It was Jesus, my sweet Jesus, beautiful King of kings. The mighty Messiah, Yeshua the Christ.
It was never me, it was never the world, it was always Him. I didn't even have to look for Him, He never left my side. In the darkest of times, in the scariest of moments, He was always by my side.
Little did I know, when I fell in love with Jesus; the rest of things would fall into place. When I let Him have me all to Himself, He gave me all I needed and provided me with all the things I didn't even know my spirit desired.
Now that I have You, I will never let You go.

And when I made you the Lord of my heart, You gave me a prince. A son of the mighty King. And together, we love You. Together; we worship You. Together; we will run to You.


No comments:

Post a Comment