Tuesday, September 25, 2012

If Only.

I walk outside to embrace the the fresh air.
I see the clouds passing, I could spend hours watching them travel the skies. It is mostly in the evening that there is this certain calm. The cool breeze. God, you are so amazing. How creative He must be to think up such a beautiful planet. I see a whole different world when I look into the sky. I see something old, I see something new. All the different hues, perfectly painted for our eyes at that very moment. If only everyone could embrace it. The colors so beautiful, like wild flowers fuzed together above me.
So I close my eyes for a moment and I pretend. My imagination runs it's coarse. I see a bird, and suddenly, the bird becomes me. I see myself from a distance transforming, wings growing slowly from the arch of my back. There I go. Rising up into the air and soaring like I was born to do so. The air is crisp and the clouds feel cool. I am free. How liberating! How free I feel! Why have I been so deprived? The birds are me and I am the birds. And if this can be the way of life, than I am forever free.
If only this was more than just a dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment